Decorating can be fun, but there are some things you should know first hand before something bad happens. Don’t get distracted and start other projects. There could be an unintentional hazard with electricity. Try to get all the trash and packing materials out of the way as those are going to be a fire hazard. Be sure you are aware of all of the candles you leave lit. For your safety and your pets could accidentally get hurt.
- Data shows that home fires are most often caused by cooking fires. Don’t leave a hot stove unattended.
- If you go for a live Christmas tree, keep it hydrated. A dry tree is a fire hazard.
- Always be super aware of having anything flammable, like bags, boxes etc., near a kitchen stove.
“During a move, though, you bring even more flammable materials into the house, such as cardboard boxes, packing paper and Styrofoam packing peanuts.”