Few experiences are exciting as moving. You get to start anew in an exciting neighborhood and child-friendly community. However, relocation is also incredibly complex, especially if you’re a large family. There’s more stuff to haul, which requires careful planning.
This article will point you in the right direction. The following family moving checklist is all you need to breeze through your move.
Prepare Your Children
Moving can be tough for your little ones. They might have gotten used to their current neighborhood, schools, and city. Relocating displaces them from a familiar setting, which can be stressful.
Therefore, talk to them a few months before your move. They may be angry at first, but give them some time, and they’ll come around.
Notify Various Providers
Chances are that various subscription providers have nationwide branch offices. As a result, you should be able to resume your subscriptions in your new place. You just need to notify your companies about the move so that they can make the necessary arrangements. Here are a few providers you may want to get in touch with:
- Cable company
- Insurance company
- Utility companies
Clean the Place if You’re a Tenant
Getting your deposit back should be your priority if you’ve rented your current home. The place must be spick-and-span when you leave to ensure you see some money back. Some chores clean-up chores include:
- Scrub the toilet, shower, and bathroom sink
- Mop floors
- Remove cobwebs
- Vacuum carpets
- Remove stains from furniture
- Empty the fridge and scour the appliances
Pack the Right Way
If you have piles of stuff, it’s best to leave the relocation to a specialized mover. Many providers have their own packing materials and trucks, making the process much easier. Others require you to pack your belongings before they arrive. Follow these tips to do so correctly:
- Use bubble wrap and newspapers
- Don’t put fragile items too close together
- Label boxes with general info (contents, room, etc.)
- Place related objects in the same boxes
- Start packing a few weeks before your move
- When a move is across the country, people consider it to be one of the toughest parts of a person’s life.
- One of the biggest things about moving is how much planning it takes, so quick moves can be very stressful.
- With proper preparation, 4 weeks is generally considered enough time to plan a move successfully.
“This family moving checklist will help you overcome the most common difficulties when moving out of state with a family.”