Sultry summer days, steamy concrete after an afternoon rain, sweaty jeans sticking to your legs, that southern sun beating down your back! You know its coming! You’re about to get a heaping helping of what you were whining for those cold winter days! So no complaining now!
So not only are summer’s in NC stupid hot, its also moving season! The time when all the kiddies are out of school and everyone is wanting some summer fun by the pool. But not you, you’re moving! Well, maybe you can enjoy some free time after you get all settled in!
Here are a few tips for moving during the hot, hot weather.
1. Wear loose, light colored clothing and comfortable but safe and sturdy shoes
2. Drink lots of water, and even a gatorade or two. Your body is constantly loosing hydration in the heat so make sure you replenish it! Also, if you are having movers make water accessible to them and allow breaks every so often to eliminate heat stroke. This is very important!
3. Try to get your move started as early in the day as possible in order to, if possible, avoid the peak heat of the afternoons.
4. Make sure you rest and avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
5. Eat light foods like salad and fruit so you won’t upset your stomach.
There you go! Oh, and hire us for the hard stuff!